Video & Photo Trainee
The internship is structured in a way that students get the opportunity to try out a variety of dynamic roles during their time on the placement. We give you instructions or a brief, provide with you access to the equipment and get out of your way.
We provide feedback and training resources and work together to help you learn and make your work incrementally better over time.
- Video Production.
- Photography for Social Media and Website
- Editing videos in FCPx
- Editing photos in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Update and maintain Video Database
- Publishing content to our website and social media channels
- Would be passionate about music and digital media
- Have a strong eye for composition & design
- Know how to operate cameras and other technical equipment
- Have a good understanding of social media
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using video editing software preferably Final Cut Pro X
- Experience with Photoshop & Lightroom
What is involved with the job?
The four main types categories of work that the candidate will be engaged with are:
1. Assisting the team on real client projects
- Work with team on brainstorming, research, planning
and preparation before a shoot.
- Assist on shoots as needed
(PA, camera operator, sound, grip, runner, etc.)
- Film Behind the Scenes Content during the shoot
- Handle gear prep prior to shoots; work with gear during
production and breakdown following production.
- Shoot pickups and assist the editor
2. Creating Stock Material
- Brainstorm ideas (Monday)
- Set up shoot and generate imagery
(Tuesday – Wednesday)
- Rushes Review (Thursday)
- Edit, tag and publish best clips (Friday)
3. Creating original content for our website and
- Batch film pieces to camera with team.
- Shoot B-Roll.
- Edit and publish weekly videos to youtube.
4. Portfolio Development
While on your internship you will get the opportunity
to work on passion projects and develop your portfolio.
We allow students permission to use assets created
during their placement in their portfolios and showreel.
Along with access to equipment and the
opportunity to gain invaluable feedback from their
peers and our experienced team.